Keener Communications is a successful locally owned 24 hour Telephone Answering Service & Inbound Call Center. Everyday our team members, Director of Wow Experiences or “DOWs”, deliver great call experiences and remarkable service to our customers and their callers. Keener is a place where people learn, develop personally and professionally, and love their jobs! We truly believe that if we take great care of our team members they, in turn, will provide exceptional service to our customers. Keener has already been named “Best Company to Work For in Richmond” and our mission is to be the “Best Company to Work For in Virginia”. We are well on our way!
If you enjoy working hard, laughing often, and want to make a difference. . .becoming a DOW may be right for you.
As a DOW, you will be responsible for providing the highest level of service to our callers and clients by answering in-bound telephone calls, taking accurate messages and dispatching each message correctly. Each DOW has hundreds of opportunities each week to connect with others and help them in some way…from scheduling an appointment to saving their life. Our DOWs get great satisfaction from their work each day by connecting with others and helping people. Our team represents over 700 clients, as if we were part of their in-house staff, with pride and enthusiasm.
- Fluently and accurately able to read, write and speak English.
- Types a minimum of 40 words per minute.
- Takes accurate messages including proper spelling and grammar.
- Follows detailed and specific written instructions.
- Maintains self-control when speaking with excited and/or irate individuals.
- Remains calm while handling stressful and critical calls.
- Pays close attention to detail.
- Takes command of calls so the information can be taken and dispatched quickly and efficiently.
- Actively listen to and report accurate information from callers.
- Provides exceptional customer service with a smile in your voice for each caller.
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced work environment.
- Has a clear and proper speaking voice.
- Sets priorities to ensure critical calls are handled immediately.
- Able to regain composure quickly from emotionally challenging calls.
- Appreciates constructive feedback and holds oneself to high standards.
- Plays an important part in a solid team.
- Ability to fluently speak Spanish is a plus.
Interested in becoming a DOW? Find out if this career is right for YOU.
At Keener, we believe in setting our team members up for success from day 1. Our most successful team members share some of the same talents and qualities. Do these characteristics sound like you?
- Effectively communicates, builds rapport and relates well to all kinds of people
- Demonstrates sincere interest in others
- Treats all people with respect, courtesy and consideration
- Respects differences in the attitudes and perspectives of others
- Listens, observes and strives to gain understanding of others
- Handles any situation gracefully by using in-depth questioning and listening skills
- Recognizes other’s perspectives, by actively listening, thus providing many views of a given situation
Identifies with and cares about others
- Enjoys making others happy
- Feels joy from satisfying people
- Likes playing a part in making people’s day go smoothly
- Recognizes and appreciates the good qualities of others
- Sympathizes with people in-need
- Has a genuine desire to help others
Humility in our Actions
- Shows diplomacy when working with a variety of people
- Tactfully handles difficult or sensitive issues
- Appreciates the differences in others
- Sees the beauty in working together
- Enjoys working with people from different cultures
- Strives to anticipate, identify and understand customers’ wants, needs and concerns
- Responds to customers with a sense of urgency
- Follows through on customer requests
- Is patient and courteous with customers
- Partners with customers to assist them in achieving their objectives
- Completes self-evaluations and makes changes to improve oneself
- Takes ownership of mistakes
- Seeks out and utilizes feedback
- Sees new possibilities by examining personal performance
- Feels it is imperative to arrive to work consistently and on-time
- Swiftly works through the emotions and effects of stressful events
- Quickly recovers from adversity
- Recognizes constructive feedback is an opportunity to improve
- Demonstrates the ability to overcome setbacks
Time and Priority Management
- Prioritizes and completes tasks in order to deliver desired outcomes within allotted time frames
- Effectively manages difficulties and delays to complete tasks on time
- Demonstrates an ability to maintain deadlines in the midst of crisis
If you feel your characteristics match, you will likely be successful at Keener, but will you love your job? Below are some values our team members have that enable them to love coming to work each day. Do these sound like you?
- Structured – Are you driven by traditional approaches, proven methods and a defined system for living?
- Altruistic – Are you driven by the benefits you provide others?
- Collaborative – Are you driven by being in a supporting role and contributing with little need for individual recognition?
- Resourceful – Are you driven by practical results, maximizing both efficiency and returns for your investments of time, talent, energy and resources?
If you feel your characteristics and values match, then you are the right fit for Keener! Now it is time to decide if Keener is the right fit for you! Below are some job competencies that our team members must embrace. Do these competencies suite you well?
- Following Policy – The job calls for complying with the policy or if no policy, complying with the way it has been done in the past.
- Follow Up and Follow Through – The job requires a need to be thorough and complete tasks that have been started.
- Organized Workplace – The job’s success depends on systems and procedures, its successful performance is tied to careful organization of activities, tasks and projects that require accuracy. Record keeping and planning are essential components of the job.
- Analysis of Data – The job deals with a large number of details. It requires that details, data and facts are analyzed and challenged prior to making decisions and that important decision-making data is maintained accurately for repeated examination as required.
If Keener is the right fit for you and you are the right fit for Keener, then our strong partnership can be mutually beneficial, exciting, and educational for years to come. We look forward to hearing from you!
What you can expect from Keener Communications:
- Competitive pay and great benefits
- A supportive team environment
- Growth opportunities
Respond with a resume and letter of interest to email@example.com. References will be required and validated during the hiring process.
Candidate must be authorized to work in the United States of America.
Keener Communications, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not and will not discriminate in employment, hiring, promotions or other personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, sexual orientation, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
6606 West Broad Street, Suite 400, Richmond, VA 23230 phone 804-527- 7070 fax 804-346- 1480