Always Be There For Your Patients With Our OBGYN Phone Answering Service
The reality of OBGYN patients is that they are going to call your office all the time. Especially for pregnant patients. When your patients have concerns and questions, they want to get the answers as quickly as possible. However many of their calls are not, in fact, emergency issues. So, how can you filter the truly urgent phone calls from the calls that could wait or be managed by others? The answer is our customizable OBGYN Phone Answering Service.
Our call routing services allow you to get the messages that are important, during and outside of office hours. Now, you can rest assured that you’re there for you patients when they need you. Our phone answering services can route other calls to appropriate staff as well. For instance, you might have patients who call for an appointment go to your receptionist and patients who call for follow-up questions go to a nurse.
With HIPAA compliant secure messaging, your office can receive all the detailed information they need and can even communicate back to our agents via text so they don’t have to waste time calling us if they don’t want to.
“Our practice had numerous problems with the previous answering service. Since changing over to Keener Communications over 10 years ago, we have had smooth operations. I would heartily recommend Keener to any physician group.”
– Practice Administrator, 26-doctor specialty practice, Richmond, VA
Why do I need an answering service for my OBGYN office?
Having an answering service for your OBGYN practice is critical. Forcing your patients to leave a message on a voicemail machine is simply bad service. Your patients don’t want to get stuck talking to a machine in their time of need, they want to talk with people. Depending on your needs, we can set up a voicemail front to screen out non-emergency calls or our live agents can screen them. Your on-call staff will only be reached with truly urgent calls.
How do I get my calls to your answering service? Do I have to forward my phones to you 24/7 or just after-hours? Does Keener Communications provide a phone number for me?
Depending on the needs of your OBGYN practice, you can setup your call forwarding in several ways:
- Forward your phones to the answering service when you leave for the day so we can take all your after-hours calls.
- Setup overflow routing with your phone service provider so that if you can’t answer your phones during the day, they route to our answering service and we can answer them for you.
- Setup overflow routing during the day and forward directly to our answering service when you leave for the day so your clients don’t hear extra ringing before their call is answered at Keener Communications.
- Keener can provide a toll-free and/or local number for you
How much will I pay for your live 24/7 OBGYN answering service?
All OBGYN practices are a little different and the cost of having an answering service depends on what you’re looking for. Our clients pay an average of $400 per billing period. But, we have clients who pay less than $100 and clients who pay a lot more. Complete our no-hassle quote request form to get a ballpark cost estimate for your dental practice.
As an answering service, we basically deal in labor and therefore bill for ‘agent work time’. So, there are two main factors that will determine your costs:
1. Your call volume. Obviously, the more calls we take, the more it will cost.
2. The scope of work. We can simply take a message and text it to you or we can provide a much more comprehensive solution depending on what you’re looking for. We encourage all of our medical practices to use our HIPAA compliant Secure Messaging application, so we can send you PHI.
What other types of answering services might help my OBGYN practice?
Some of the services we provide today were developed through back and forth question and answer sessions with clients who had a unique problem. If you have questions about how we can help your OBGYN practice, please ask and we may be able to develop a customized solution just for you. Our most common services for medical practices are emergency message dispatching, appointment setting, and appointment reminders.